I don't know how to feel about this art...




Seriously.... I just don't know.
I like how it looks... but then I think of cutting up the beautiful photos and I CRINGE.

I saw this for sale at:
Yard Dog

And originally I saw the idea in ReadyMade magazine and thought, "how moronic" but then they were suggesting gluing photos to lampshades in the same article... and had very poorly designed knock offs of his concept. Anyways. Someone please tell me how to feel about it... I collect such photos and I admire collages but something in me just wants to reject the idea of violating their integrity as objects to make something new. It must be the archivist/photographer in me and not the artist. I know something must always be destroyed to make something new.

Sigh. Rant over. Thanks for reading.

No comments: